Sunday, April 10, 2011

Miss me?

It's been so long since I've had a chance to blog! Things have been kinda crazy around here. I was in Illinois visiting family for a week and half and had a great time. I'm always so sad to leave my family, but also happy to get back to the swing of things here in MN. I was originally going to be in Illinois for a week (while J was at a conference), but left early to visit my grandpa (poppy) who had a heart attack.

My siblings and I have been so blessed by being raised in the same town as both sets of grandparents, it gave us such special relationships with them and the best memories. I cherished every moment I had with Poppy while home and loved watching him light up when I'd bring August around. He's 92 years old and I'm so thankful that we've been able to enjoy him for so long. He's currently still in the hospital and we are hoping he will be able to go to an assistant living home in a few days. He lived at home alone up until then, he's pretty incredible :)

August has learned his first "trick" and I HAD to get it in video, so here it is-you might melt into a puddle because it's SO cute :)

Where's mama?

But seriously, this is the first time he's been able to "give back" and show his love for us- it's the best feeling in the world!

1 comment:

  1. If you didn't make it in time to sign up on the A to Z Linky List before it closed, you can still join in on the fun of blogging from A to Z. Post your daily entries for each letter. Then make sure you go through the list to visit others who are doing the Challenge and leave a comment. In your comment let them know you are participating in the A to Z Challenge and invite them to visit your blog as well. If you become a follower of the blogs you visit and leave comments many of them will do the same for you.

    It will help greatly if you end each comment with a signature that includes a link to your blog. There is some more information on how to do this at This Is Important.

    You don't have to be on the list to join in. Just post daily and be sure to network with other bloggers.

    Have fun!


    Lee
    Tossing It Out
    Twitter hashtag: #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Ive always loved having family pictures taken. I love having those memories captured so that I can look back on them some day. In fact I have many photographer friends who Im always asking to take our pictures ;) Unfortunately they aren't around from day to day! My husband bought me a camera this year for Christmas and I am over-the-moon excited to have as many pictures of August and us as possible!