Friday, March 11, 2011

HUMMUS

I LOVE HUMMUS!

It's like I can't escape it! I think the rest of the United States is catching on too because it's EVERYWHERE! The best part is it's healthy for you, music to your ears right? Chickpeas (the main ingredient) are rich in fiber and protein, they also contain vitamins and minerals. I love hummus with veggies, on crackers, pita bread, some of my friends add it to their sandwhiches but I haven't tried that yet. Any other tastey suggestions out there?

There are so many different flavors out there, I'd have to say my tops would be: black bean chipotle, jalapeno, and the classic roasted red pepper.

Deena's Gourtmet Hummus has to be a favorite brand of mine, Deena's has the black bean chipotle hummus which is INCREDIBLE. I'm not kidding I couldn't sleep the other night and it was because I was thinking about how tastey the black bean hummus is! That's disturbing. It's being offered at more and more Co-ops/stores throughout the Twin Cities so check our the site and see if their is some by you!

Deena's Gourtmet Hummus

Holy Land Deli is another great place to get hummus! They have Jalapeno Hummus that I love and a Guacamole Hummus that my hub loves. I love Holy Land because it's up the street from where we live in Northeast Minneapolis and this little mom and pop shop is beginning to be known nationwide. Target just started selling their hummus and I love seeing it there when I grocery shop-it actually makes me kinda proud.

Check out Target for Holy Land Hummus or The Holy Land Deli in Northeast Minneapolis!

Holy Land Deli


Has anyone tried making their own hummus? I will one of these days. That way I can just whip some up when I run out and not have to make a special trip out ;).

I'm just DREADING the cost of buying a food processor! I should look into Craiglist....anyway, hope you all have a great Friday night!

(I have to sneak a picture in, these two sure love each other!)

1 comment:

  1. What a precious pic!!! And I'm right there with ya Liz. I LOOOOOVE hummus! I can't wait to live a couple blocks from the Holy Land Deli!! yesss!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Ive always loved having family pictures taken. I love having those memories captured so that I can look back on them some day. In fact I have many photographer friends who Im always asking to take our pictures ;) Unfortunately they aren't around from day to day! My husband bought me a camera this year for Christmas and I am over-the-moon excited to have as many pictures of August and us as possible!